Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Days After - Day 16

The days after I left the building for the last time were not easy. Anyone who tells you they are is lying.  Big time.

For me they were filled with uncertainty about what was next. I knew what I wasn't going to do. I wasn't going to look for another job like the one I had. But I was not 100% clear on how I would earn a living.

All I knew was that corporate life had taken its toll on me. I needed a rest from it so I could figure out who I was again. I had spent most of my career leaning in and trying to fit into the structure. I had made it all into such a game I was playing and got so caught up in it that I hadn't realized the game was no longer fun and the structure was no longer something I believed in. 

Until I wasn't there anymore. Until I started waking up each morning not having to pretend.  

Those days after were not easy. But they were easier than the days before.

note: This is Day #16 of a 30 Day Experiment. Here are the details on how it all started.







No comments: