Friday, June 17, 2011

Testing the Dreams

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.
(Author: Michael Rad)

It's day 17 of the #Trust30 writing challenge. If challenge is defined as a task or situation that tests someone's abilities, mine are being tested.
I didn't post yesterday. Yesterday's prompt was in writing about my future. It wasn't that I don't have a clear vision of what I would like that to look like, it's just that it was starting to sound repetitive to me. Sort of like of like my post in response to what I would do with one week left to live or the blog  in response to what the one thing you have always wanted to accomplish   would be or what I would say to the person I am in five years. Truth told, it was starting to bore me and if it was boring me, what about you, my readers?
It got me thinking that maybe this was like one of those standardized tests in which the same questions are asked several times, just slightly rephrased, to assess the validity of your answers. If these prompts continue to be variations on a theme, will my answers eventually change and will anyone notice? And if I notice will my choice be to step deeper into them or gauge  the"that might not be realistic meter" and start to water them down?
I was hopeful that today would have a fresh spin. But here we are with today's prompt, asking what my top three dreams are. So in case, you or the Universe have not been paying attention read carefully. 
To be an insanely successful published writer.  To create and inspire change in others through my writing, coaching and speaking. To love and receive love, deep, mad, passionate, all consuming, soul connecting love.
As for what is stopping me from realizing any of these dreams.  Only me. Occasionally getting in my own way.
If you feel you haven't been asked this question too much lately, tell me, what are your top 3 dreams right now? 

No comments: