Saturday, June 4, 2011

My One Place


#Trust30 30-day writing challenge from ralphwaldoemerson.me.
If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


The writing prompt:
Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?
(Author: Chris Guillebeau)

My response:
I detest being asked to identify just one thing in any category. My tastes and desires vary so much from moment to moment. But then that is my prerogative both as a being, more so as a woman. So where is that one place I have yet to visit that I must get to before I die. Is it the Pyramids in Egypt or Machu Picchu in Peru? Is it the Opera House in Sydney or  a river cruise up the Nile? Perhaps the South African coast or Delphi in Greece?

I say yes to all of the above and no to one signal destination. For the truth is the one place I want to visit most before I die most is not a destination, but a journey to the depths of my soul.  The place I want to visit more than any other rests inside of me.  The ability to love deeply, work passionately, cry buckets when necessary and laugh until my belly hurts. It is not a single event, or one moment in time, but a series of each .

How will I get there? By living each day doing at least one thing that terrifies me.

Today it was writing this post.

No comments: